Exotic pets need specialist veterinary care and at Riversbrook Veterinary Group we are happy to see and treat even the most unusual animal companion. Our vets provide exotic pets with the same care and attention that we give to all our other patients.
Our vets are happy to offer consultations, health checks and treatments for all exotic pets ranging from rabbits, rodents and ferrets to tortoises, snakes, reptiles and birds, including hedgehogs and other wildlife. Our head nurse, Donna Thorrington RVN, is a rabbit enthusiast and has many years of experience nursing and owning her own rabbits and our practice director, Kay Lockwood RVN, has a certificate in nursing exotic species. For second opinions and more complex cases we can easily refer to a local exotic vet.
We are able to offer:
- General examinations and husbandry advice
- Emergency medical and surgical treatments
- Digital X-rays and ultrasound
- Blood sampling
- Routine health checks, rabbit vaccinations, preventative healthcare and microchipping
- Dental treatment
- Supportive feeding
- Small animal neutering, including rabbits, guinea pigs and ferrets
If you would like further information regarding any of our exotic services, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01473 216042.